Dermal fillers have become a very popular tool for cosmetic enhancement. This is because they restore youthfulness instantly to the skin, decrease signs of aging, have no downtime and eliminate the recovery, risks, and pain associated with surgery. Although there is a very large selection of dermal fillers available on the market, Radiesse® is one of the most popular. The innovative formula is the result of new technology, research and the work of cosmetic experts. The formula was created to provide enhancement for the skin and to help fight the aging process. What makes this filler so unique is the effectiveness for both the face and hand rejuvenation. The filler adds more volume to skin impacted by the aging process. This decreases the impact of age on the hands and the lower face.
The hand rejuvenation filler is manufactured using microspheres of (CaHa) Calcium hydroxylapatite. The actual formulation results in a light gel adding instant volume to your skin once it has been injected. The volume of the product fills in lines and wrinkles on your hands in addition to smile and marionette lines on your face and wrinkles in your chin. What separates Radiesse® from the majority of other dermal fillers is the ability to trigger the production of additional collagen in your body. Collagen is incredibly important for the firmness, look, and feel of your skin. The bad news is your production significantly declines because of the aging process. The main reason your hands begin to look older, wrinkled, dull, or lax is because there is not enough collagen. This protein is necessary for healthy and vibrant skin.
Once you have had the hand rejuvenation treatment, your body will absorb the CaHa microspheres contained in the hand rejuvenation fillers. Your increased collagen production will continue for numerous months. You will continue to see more and more benefits over time. This procedure is incredibly popular for treating the hands. Your hands are exposed to the potentially harmful rays of the sun, the environment and overuse nearly every single day. A lot of individuals start seeing an unattractive and aged look to their hands long before their face. The volume lost in your hands is effectively filled with the CaHA microspheres of the filler. This is what will reverse or decrease the appearance and bulges caused by the process of aging. This hand rejuvenation treatment is often referred to as a hand lift, and your results will last for 18-24 months.
This injectable dermal filler was created to plump folded and wrinkled areas on both your hands and face. As the filler starts to work, the collagen naturally produced under your skin is stimulated. You will see your results instantly. These results can last for as long as two full years. This is one of many reasons the treatment has become so popular. The most commonly requested areas for this dermal filler are the wrinkled portions of your hands and the skin around your mouth and nose. Only a tiny needle is required for your injections. All of the ingredients are non-allergenic, non-toxic, and compatible with the natural tissues of your body.
The ideal candidate for this treatment is between 35 and 60 years of age, and interested in plumping their skin and filling in lines and wrinkles. The procedure is just as effective for your face as it is for your hands. In addition to gel microspheres of calcium hydroxyapatite, the filler also contains ions of calcium and phosphate. Both of these are natural to your body. Initially, the hand rejuvenation filler will add all of the volume you desire. Over time, your production of collagen will be stimulated by the CaHa. This enables you to produce more of your body’s natural filler. The carbon, oxygen, and hydrogen contained in the filler simulates the structure of your connective tissues. Even after your body has absorbed all of the CaHa, your natural collagen will remain.
The filler is injected into your hands using the same technique that has been used for facial fillers for years. This results in additional plumpness, volume, and hands rejuvenation to help replace what has been lost due to age. The loss of elastin and collagen as time passes results in thinner skin on your hands. This means your veins and tendons become much more obvious. These signs are associated with the aging process by most individuals. Radiesse® will add plumpness to the backs of your hands. Your veins and tendons will not be nearly as visible. The reason most individuals decide to have fillers for their hands is because they believe their hands give away their age.
The medical professional will do everything possible to ensure you remain comfortable during your entire treatment. The chances are good you will decide to have another procedure once the results of the dermal filler eventually begins to fade. The procedure will improve the look of your hands. This includes:
• Decreasing the appearance of tendons and veins
• Providing natural and smooth results
• Restoring the volume lost to age
• Providing your hands with a more youthful look
The Radiesse® Procedure
You will need to talk to the medical professional about all medications you are using. There are specific medications you must discontinue for a certain period of time before having the injections. This includes aspirin and blood thinners like warfarin. You must also tell the medical professional if you are experiencing any issues concerning your hands. This includes any injuries, diseases, or disabilities. The medical professional needs to know if you skin scars badly from injuries, if you have experienced large or raised scarring and any skin treatments you have had during the past such as a skin peel. This is important for your safety. You may receive both an injection of lidocaine and a local anesthesia before your injections to help keep you as comfortable and relaxed as possible.
The first step is the determination of the medical professional as to the best area to place each injection. Antiseptic will then be applied to the injection sites. The medical professional will determine what dosage is ideal for your needs. Your actual injections are the next step. Depending on the number of injections you require, your treatment should not exceed 15 minutes. You do not need to remain at the office of the medical professional to recover. Once your have received your treatment, you can go right back home. You can have a treatment to provide your hands with a more youthful appearance, fill in any deeper scars or laugh lines around your mouth and nose, or where your skin is folded and wrinkled. There are certain instances where this treatment must be avoided. This includes individuals with:
• Allergies to any of the ingredients contained in Radiesse®
• Any bleeding disorder
• A history of numerous allergic reactions to a variety of medications and substances
• Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant
• Allergies to numbing agents including lidocaine
• If you have a history regarding herpes, the treatment can cause a new outbreak
You should never use dermal fillers for hands rejuvenation if you have an active skin infection. This can be dangerous because you are risking the filler accidentally penetrating a blood vessel. The filler is only meant to penetrate the connective tissue. When you have your treatment by a medical professional, are honest and upfront regarding any questions you are asked and do not hide anything, your treatment is safe. You can resume most of your regular activities almost immediately. Strenuous activities including exercise should be avoided for a few days. There is a good chance your skin will be unusually sensitive to the rays of the sun for approximately 24 hours. During this time, avoiding excessive heat and sunlight is incredibly important. You also need to follow any instructions provided by the medical professional.
The Benefits of Radiesse®
The injections will provide you with a wide range of benefits. Radiesse® is building a reputation as one of the best products currently available. The filler is excellent for making your hands and face appear more youthful. The additional benefits include:
• You will see immediate results after only one session. As your collagen production increases, your results will continue to improve.
• Your treatment is both painless and quick. You can arrange to have the procedure during your lunch break for even more convenience. If you experience any downtime, it will be for a short period of time. Many individuals have a session and immediately go right back to work.
• In addition to treating your hands, this is a good procedure for facial acne scarring, wrinkles, and fine lines. The very first signs of the aging process are deeper wrinkles and lines. Many individuals are embarrassed by these signs in addition to scarring from acne. Every one of these issues can be effectively treated with this procedure. Men generally have this procedure for volume lost in the midface. For women the issue is a loss of volume in the cheeks and the appearance of the back of the hands. Once volume is added to these areas, the result is a softening or elimination of the specific issue. This includes acne scarring and deeper lines.
• The government has approved this filler for use on both your hands and face. Having approval from the FDA means your treatment is effective and safe for your hands and face.
• The injectable can do a lot more than make your hands appear younger because it is so much more than just a dermal filler. The filler can be molded for an excellent option to facial implants. If your nose needs re-contouring, your jawline is irregular or your cheeks are sunken, this treatment will provide you with exceptional results.
• Your hand rejuvenation results will soften the appearance of your hands and provide a natural look. Over time, the filler will stimulate the development of your tissue.
• The dermal filler will stimulate your body’s collagen production. The filler contains microspheres of calcium hydroxylapatite. This is what smooths out wrinkles and increases your collagen production. Collagen is an important protein providing your skin with strength, elasticity and firmness. Over time collagen often evens out the texture of the skin.
• The dermal filler is non-allergenic. This means you do not need to have an allergy test to ensure you are not allergic to the product. This is because the ingredients are all natural for your body. Any risk of an allergic reaction has been eliminated.
• Over time, collagen-building fillers will gradually dissolve. This filler maintains the volume. Even after several years, all you need to do for the stimulation of your collagen is have a touch up.